Friday, June 17, 2011

Handmade Fathers' Day Cards

This is a very easy and fast old favourite that has been around for a while.  I have seen it on a few websites and in books but I like this link.
I took some fabric swatches and photocopied them onto A4 card. A checkered tea-towel created a great effect. I think it would also be nice to glue fabric on, but time was an issue so this worked better.
  This is one of my husbands favourite shirts that after many years of wearing made its way into kindergarten dress ups and then into the collage box.  Now it has been photocopied onto card and my daughter will make her card from it when we celebrate Fathers' Day in September.    

We used buttons instead of sequins.  If the children wanted buttons on the collar they had to choose a button and then find it's pair.
The cards are nice but of course (as always) the children mostly came up with the most special part :)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Shar. I have just visited your blog for the first time, as a result of finding my own blog in your blogroll!!!

Thanks so much for including my work!! I'm so appreciative. I am spending the summer working to figure out how to get my blog to a wider audience of teachers thru cyber-stars.

I love seeing the projects you've been working in your setting. Keep up the good work and thanks again!

www.rainbowswithinreach.blogspot.com